By “joining” this support group, you take the following pledges…
1. I pledge to be open to the possibility of my own biases.
2. I pledge to reserve judgments about my fellow PARBs.*
3. I pledge to interpret carefully any negative statement from emails, text messages, or tweets.
4. I pledge not to rely on second-hand information for big decisions.
5. I accept that I may never know the reasons behind others’ behaviors.
6. I accept that my memory is probably not as good as I think.
*Reserving judgments does NOT mean never making judgments – judgments are necessary to make in many cases – “reserving” means waiting and gathering more information (if possible or realistic) before making a firm judgment…